Open position in Ipas’ R&E unit
Advisor I, Research and Evaluation
Internal and External
Job Summary: The Advisor I, Research and Evaluation supports country and global monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities including data cleaning, analysis, and reporting consistent with Ipas guidance. . The advisor helps to build research, monitoring
and evaluation capacity in the assigned country teams and contributes to the development of global tools, processes and systems. The Advisor supports unit leaders to design, implement and disseminate research findings. The advisor also serves on and participates
in relevant regional and country teams.
Based in Chapel Hill
• Responsible for data cleaning and analysis, including creation of tables and figures, according to research and evaluation standard operating procedures.
• Providing overall support for timely and high-quality donor reports and proposals Trains and coaches country-based staff on the use of of statistical and database management software
• Communicate with country staff on data management and donor reporting deliverables
• Supports Principal Investigators of research projects through drafting sections of study protocols, conducting data cleaning and analysis, and drafting dissemination materials
• Prepares and submits Institutional Review Board (IRB) application packages for ethical approval, communicating with the IRB to answer questions and revising application materials as needed
• Serves on the relevant regional support teams; communicates M&E findings
• Supports internal dissemination of M&E and research findings. Presents research findings at regional and global conferences.
• Provides technical input to the development and management of global M&E data collection tools, processes documents and systems
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s in public health or social sciences required,
• 3-4 years’ experience including 2 years of international reproductive health monitoring and evaluation or project management experience
• Substantial experience with data analysis, monitoring and evaluation process and protocols, and system design
• Strong experience with quantitative statistical analysis software, such as STATA, SPSS or SAS)
• Experience with qualitative analysis software (nVivo, Atlas.ti) desirable
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills, must have strong communication and presentation skills.
• Experience working collaboratively and with multi-cultural
• Must be well organized, with the ability to track multiple project simultaneously
• Deadline oriented
• Ability to travel 25%
I’d be happy to chat with anyone interested in the position.
Kristen M. Shellenberg, PhD, MPH
Senior Advisor, Research & Evaluation
The information in this email and any attachments may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you have received this message in error, you should destroy this message and notify the sender by reply email. (www.ipas.org)