Job Vacancy – Kaiser Permanente Project Manager of Perinatal Health Research Project
The mission of the Department of Research and Evaluation at Kaiser Permanente is to initiate and conduct high-quality, public-sector health services, epidemiologic, behavioral and clinical research
that has a demonstrable positive impact on the health and well-being of Kaiser Permanente Southern California members and the general population. We are currently seeking a project manager that is passionate about public health and has an eye for detail for
a 5-year perinatal study in Pasadena, CA. The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing study recruitment, collection and storage of biospecimens, and other research related activities for two study sites.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Manages all aspects of a medium to large scale research study. Supervises project staff, works independently in accordance with established objectives, and work is subject to occasional
· Essential Functions:
o Manages all aspects of a medium to large scale research study. May assist in development of study tools (e.g., tracking forms, questionnaires, chart review forms, etc.)
o Develops and implements study protocols/operation manuals. Monitors progress of study activities (e.g., data collection and validation, recruitment, pilot studies, focus groups, etc.)
and ensures that study objectives are met
o Contributes to high level discussions with funding agencies and research teams from other organizations. Prepares progress reports independently and/or collaboratively
o Forms project team(s) and responsible for staff resources. May participate in the training of new team members and/or clinical staff. Ensures that all staff administrative requirements
and certifications are complete and current. Identifies staff training needs and resources to address needs. Assists in the creation and dissemination of staff development materials. Conducts hiring and disciplinary actions in partnership with the Unit Manager
o Adheres to compliance and privacy/confidentiality requirements and standards. Adheres to GCP and compliance regulations for clinical trials. Oversees data collection and conducts data
analysis. Implements quality control and quality assurance measures
o Acquires and maintains knowledge of KP systems and databases
o Makes decisions for day-to-day operations of projects including the resolution of technical problems and questions from project staff
o Interfaces with IRB and drafts IRB protocols, amendments, continuing reviews, etc
o Supervises and manages the day-to-day activities of project staff including evaluating performance and conducting regular and annual performance meetings
o Collaborates with Sr. Research Project Managers and Unit Manager to facilitate Unit operations. Provides consultation to investigators and project coordinators on staffing and staff-related
o May co-author scientific papers with the investigator for presentation and/or publication. Creates professional presentations and presents at professional/scientific meetings. May contribute
to development of study methodology
o Prepares, manages and balances project budgets; seeks to develop cost effective ways to manage study resources. Assists investigators in developing and preparing grant proposals
by contributing to portions of grant proposals
· Basic Qualifications:
• Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a health care and/or research setting to include management responsibility.
• Minimum six (6) years of professional experience in research principles, design and strategies, biostatistical analyses and data interpretation.
• Minimum five (5) years of self-directed work managing projects, preferably research projects.
o Experience developing and presenting professional reports and presentations to senior-level audiences.
• Experience developing and managing budgets, preferably research project budgets.
• Master’s Degree in public health, health care administration, epidemiology, or a related field OR a minimum six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
· License, Certification, Registration
Experience coordinating, implementing and supervising live recruitment studies, including:
· Preparing IRB submissions and correspondence, plus resolving IRB issues.
· Authoring consent forms, designing data collection tools and creating study tracking databases.
· Developing training materials and study specific SOP’s to train and provide ongoing support for staff.
· Mentoring and training research assistants and interns.
· Recruiting, screening, consenting and randomizing subjects.
· Conducting study visits, including administering interview surveys and specimen collection/management.
· Managing and monitoring data quality, data cleaning and conducting basic statistical analyses.
· Preparing reports and minutes from team meetings.
· Primary Location: California-Pasadena-S. Los Robles Administration 100 S. Los Robles.
Interested applicants, please send cv/resume or questions to
Gildy Lopez, MPH
Research Associate II
Southern California Permanente Medical Group
Kaiser Permanente Research
Department of Research & Evaluation
100 S Los Robles Ave., 2nd Floor
Pasadena, CA 91101