Job Announcement for UCSF position: STD/HIV Service Integration Unit Chief
The STD Control Branch is recruiting to fill an Analyst IV-Supervisor position. This position will act as the STD/HIV Service Integration Unit Chief. The position is the lead STD Control Branch (STDCB) contact
for Program Collaboration and Service Integration (PCSI) efforts, with a particular emphasis on fostering the integration of STD and HIV clinical services and health promotion messaging for gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM), and ensuring that
sexual health services for MSM are coordinated and represent best practices.
This position is located in Richmond, CA.
** Directions for applying to this position **
Candidates interested in applying for this position, please visit the UCSF website at:
http://ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/careers/. Click on ‘Search openings’ and enter in
44332 under ‘Req number’ to view the posting. Please submit your cover letter and resume electronically to the UCSF Careers website.
Under the supervision of the Health Promotion and Healthcare Quality Improvement (HPHQI) Section Chief, the STD/HIV Service Integration Unit Chief establishes and maintains effective
consultative and collaborative relationships with state, local, and non-governmental partners to enhance and integrate STD/HIV prevention and control activities. Within this role, the STD/HIV Service Integration Unit Chief leads a team of public health professionals
in planning, implementing, evaluating, and improving projects and interventions related to HIV partner services, HIV prevention among STD patients, and quality STD clinical care among HIV-infected persons. This position oversees local health jurisdiction (LHJ)
STD/HIV Service Integration funding including managing standardized processes for selection of awardees, approving budgets and activities within LHJ Scopes of Work, and providing ongoing monitoring of LHJ performance.
• BA/BS degree with a major in a related field and four years of experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in public health program management
• Experience developing and maintaining collaborations with diverse partner groups
• Experience supervising staff
• Experience writing and/or managing grants, drafting formal progress reports, or similar
• Experience participating in a strategic planning and/or prioritization processes
• Experience with program evaluation, including planning, implementation, and monitoring, and the summarizing of results
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Basic content knowledge in STD epidemiology and prevention and control strategies, including knowledge of STD screening recommendations and other STD-related clinical interventions
• Knowledge of IRB and HIPAA guidelines associated with conducting public health evaluations and research
• Excellent and effective time management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet competing deadlines
• Leadership skills and independent initiative and drive
• Ability to know when to seek counsel on issues outside one’s abilities or knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including professionalism, diplomacy, and discretion in verbal and written communications, and ability to communicate professionally with multiple levels of staff
• Master’s degree in Public Health or related field and two or more years of public health work experience
• Experience working in the field of HIV Prevention, Care, or Surveillance
• Experience crafting and negotiating contracts and budgets
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Associate Governmental Program Analyst
CDPH-STD Control Branch, Business Operations Support Section
1616 Capitol Avenue MS 7320
P.O. Box 997377
Sacramento, CA 95899-7377
Phone: 916-449-5954 Confidential Fax: (916) 440-5353