Job Announcement for UCSF position: Project Assistant in STDs (Richmond)
The STD Control Branch is recruiting to fill an Analyst II–Project Assistant position. The Project Assistant position is assigned to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Control Branch
and is located within the Women’s, Adolescent, and Correctional Health (WACH) Unit of the CDPH STD Control Branch’s (STDCB) Health Promotion and Healthcare Quality Improvement (HPHQI) Section. The Project Assistant serves as the STDCB’s primary contact for
correctional health efforts and partnerships, and provides ongoing programmatic and evaluation support to other projects within the WACH Unit and HPHQI Section.
** Directions for applying to this position **
Candidates interested in applying for this position, please visit the UCSF website at:
http://ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/careers/. Click on ‘Search openings’ and enter in
44758 under ‘Req number’ to view the posting. Please submit your cover letter and resume electronically to the UCSF Careers website.
Under the supervision of the WACH Unit Chief, the Project Assistant is responsible for supporting projects that aim to evaluate or enhance STD prevention and control activities for at-risk priority populations.
This position provides project management and coordination for an existing juvenile hall STD screening project, ClaSP, and is responsible for investigating additional opportunities for STDCB to improve sexual health outcomes for people in corrections. This
position also plays a supportive role in statewide public health STD control efforts by assisting HPHQI colleagues with implementing and evaluating activities to expand services in medically underserved areas and to ensure preventive and clinical services
for women and youth in traditional health care and school settings are coordinated and represent best practices.
• BA/BS degree with a major in Public Health or related field and two years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Basic content knowledge in STD epidemiology and prevention and control strategies, including knowledge of STD screening recommendations
• Experience developing and maintaining collaborations with diverse partner groups
• Experience with public health writing, such as: grants, progress reports, needs assessment or evaluation reports, published journal articles, or similar
• Experience creating professional PowerPoint slides for projects and presentations
• Experience with program evaluation, such as: evaluation planning and implementation, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and summarizing of results
• Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet competing deadlines
• Exhibits independent initiative and drive
• Ability to know when to seek counsel on issues outside one’s abilities or knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including professionalism, diplomacy, and discretion in verbal and written communications, and ability to communicate professionally with multiple levels of staff
• Master’s degree in Public Health or related field
• Two or more years of public health work experience
• Experience providing technical assistance
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology
• Knowledge of IRB and HIPAA guidelines associated with conducting public health evaluations and research
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Associate Governmental Program Analyst
CDPH-STD Control Branch, Business Operations Support Section
1616 Capitol Avenue MS 7320
P.O. Box 997377
Sacramento, CA 95899-7377
Phone: 916-449-5954 Confidential Fax: (916) 440-5353