Job Announcement for UCSF position: Public Education Specialist 3 (Analyst 3)
Hello STD Control Branch Staff:
The STD Control Branch is recruiting to fill a Public Education Specialist 3 position.
The Health Communication Specialist facilitates STD/HIV primary prevention throughout California by supporting the implementation of the California Healthy Youth Act (CHYA) through the provision of sexual health education training and technical assistance
for educational partners serving youth, including middle and high school teachers and school district staff; by using innovative tools to develop engaging health communication visuals targeted to key state and local stakeholders; and by providing technical
assistance to reinforce health promotion, education, and communication capacity within local health jurisdictions in the Bay Area and Northern California.
This position is located in Richmond, CA.
** Directions for applying to this position **
Candidates interested in applying for this position, please visit the UCSF website at:
http://ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/careers/. Click on ‘Search openings’ and enter in
45622 under ‘Req number’ to view the posting. Please submit your resume
and cover letter electronically to the UCSF Careers website.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
• Current CA driver’s license.
• Thorough knowledge of health education legislation and the policies and practices of local school districts and community based organizations and understanding of how work may impact other areas.
• Thorough analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
• Thorough and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills.
• Exhibits independent initiative and drive.
• Thorough knowledge of and skill in delivering training programs.
• Thorough skills to conduct needs assessment and development of new presentations / courses to meet organizational needs.
• Advanced skill in using business software systems in the completion of work assignments; i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Intermediate skill with using graphic design software, preferably Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
• Experience, skill, and demonstrated ability in the translation of health data into communication materials/visuals.
• Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Education, Communication or related field and/or equivalent experience/training
• Thorough knowledge of organization policies and procedures for UCSF, the California Department of Public Health, the STD Control Branch, and the local health jurisdictions with which they work in order to function successfully.
• Thorough knowledge of current education programs and trends related to the support of the California Healthy Youth Act..
• Experience working with LGBTQ youth.
• Experience working with communities disproportionally impacted by STDs.
• Experience presenting sexual health information to diverse groups of people.
• Experience developing and maintaining collaborations with diverse partner groups.
• Experience with public health writing, such as: grants, progress reports, needs assessment or evaluation reports, published journal articles, or similar.
• Experience with Adobe Captivate 8 or above.
Associate Governmental Program Analyst
CDPH-STD Control Branch, Business Operations Support Section
1616 Capitol Avenue MS 7320
P.O. Box 997377
Sacramento, CA 95899-7377
Phone: 916-449-5954 Confidential Fax: (916) 440-5353
E-Mail Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this E-Mail document is confidential and is intended only to be viewed by
the recipient(s) listed above. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any distribution or copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please contact the sender listed above and
destroy the document(s).